Because they are more efficient, more tactile, and sturdier than membrane keyboards, mechanical keyboards are a big hit among gamers. In fact, according to a recent study, the mechanical keyboard market is expected to grow to $1.36 billion by 2023.
Syber, a leading provider of pre-built gaming PCs, further explains the benefits of mechanical gaming keyboards.
More Durable than Membrane Keyboards
The more intense the gaming session is, the higher the likelihood that you’ll be hitting the keys with rapidity and force. Mechanical gaming keyboards are designed to withstand this type of use. The keys are made from superior-quality and wear-resistant plastic, while the base is metal.
Well-built mechanical keyboards last from 20 million to 100 million key presses, whereas membrane keyboards typically wear out after 5 million to 10 million key presses. So, by all means—tap away!
While mechanical gaming keyboards come with a variety of customizable features, they are especially popular for their interchangeable key switches.
- Cherry Red is a linear switch, meaning it responds better to light touch. It creates minimal noise even with rapid tapping.
- Cherry Black switches are slightly stiffer than the other key options. They reduce the chances of accidentally hitting a key, making them suitable for games that require precision, like role-playing games (RPGs) and real-time strategy (RTS) games.
- Cherry Blue switches are the most tactile (only need to be pushed about halfway down to respond) and audible (loudest) of all the key switches.
- Cherry Green comes with similar features as blue switches, except it has a higher actuation force (how forcefully you have to press the key for it to respond).
- Cherry Silver is a linear switch; suitable for games that require intense hitting of the keys.
- Cherry Brown switches are the middle ground between red and blue switches. They are smooth like red switches but have a tactile bump. They are recommended for gamers who also need to use their keyboard for work-related tasks
Gamers can also further personalize the design, shapes, colors, names, and logos of their keycaps.
Delivers Speed and Precision
Mechanical keyboards have faster response rates compared to membrane keyboards. Gamers only need to press the keys lightly for the keyboard to respond. This enables them to react quicker in fast-paced games like RPGs and point-and-click adventures. Likewise, less tapping force reduces hand fatigue and stress while gaming.
Enables Easy Clean-up and Repair
Because their keycaps can be disassembled, mechanical keyboards are easier to clean than their membrane counterparts. So, if you spill food on your keyboard, you just need to remove the keys and wipe them down.
Also, if you encounter issues with a key, you can conveniently detach it to diagnose the problem. If a key gets damaged, simply replace it with a new one.
Convenient to Use at Night
The backlight feature of a mechanical keyboard is mainly for aesthetic purposes, but they come in handy when playing in a dark room. In more advanced keyboards, the keys even light up or change brightness when pressed. You can also program them to cycle through the different available backlight colors, typically white, green, red, and blue.
Enhance Your Gaming Experience
Switching to mechanical gaming keyboards is not the only requirement to achieve a better gaming experience. The first and most important is choosing a pre-built gaming PC that meets all your gaming needs.
Syber offers high-performing gaming PCs that can be customized to your specifications. Whether you need a compact, medium-sized, or massive PC, we have the right unit for you.
Maximize your gaming experience today. Reach out to Syber Gaming to learn more about our products or for help with placing an order.